William J. Bontempi, DMD, MD
Oral and Maxilliofacial surgeon, Dr. William J. Bontempi practices oral surgery in Hadley, Longmeadow and Westfield, MA. Dr. Bontempi is a native of the western Massachusetts area, born and raised in nearby Greenfield, MA. He attended Greenfield Public Schools and graduated in 1986 from Greenfield High School. He graduated from Bowdoin College in 1990 and entered Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in the fall of that year. In 1994, he received his DMD from Tufts and began his surgical residency at the University of Connecticut. In 1997, he received his MD from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and in 1999 he received his certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
He joined Berkshire Facial Surgery immediately upon completing his residency. In 2003, he was board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and was elected Fellow in the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Dr. Bontempi has a strong clinical interest in dental implants and implant related procedures and has lectured regionally on implants, specifically on Immediate Implant Techniques and Immediate Provisionalization.
Dr. Bontempi enjoys outdoor activites including hiking, hunting, fishing, and golf. He currently resides in western Massachusetts with his wife Krisinda, their son, and two daughters.
- Member: American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member: American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member: Academy of Osseointegration
- Member: American Dental Association
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: Massachusetts Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member: Massachusetts Dental Society
- Chief of Surgery: Noble Hospital, Westfield, MA.
- Clinical Instructor: Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Member: Valley District Dental Society (President 2008-2009) (Treasurer 2007-2008)
- Medical Director: LifeNet Health
- Diplomate: American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- [COUNTY] Medical Licensing Examination Parts I-III
- National Board of Dental Examiners Parts I-II
- Northeast Regional Board of Dental Examiners
- Massachusetts Board of Registration in Dentistry
- Masssachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine
- Instructor in Basic Life Support
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support